Seizures is a brain disorder that occur when brain cells send out abnormal signals. It is not considered to be epilepsy if it occur only once or are correctable. Epilepsy is disease that can happen at any age. Epilepsy is very common in the elderly. If person is suffering even from mild seizures, it should be treated on time because they could harm if the person is driving, swimming and walking. It is the most common serious neurologic problem affecting children. This disorder develop in people who are suffering from other immune-system problems, neurological disorders and neurological disorders. If Seizure disorders is not controlled or treated on time it may lead to brain damage, permanent mental and physical impairment and lowered intelligence.
Seizures is a brain disorder and for the treatment of this disease there are various medicines available in the medical store. Depakote is one of the best, most trusted and recommended by the doctor for the treatment of seizures, among all the medicines. It is a prescription medicine used for the treatment of certain type of seizures disorder. Other than this depakote medicine is also used for the prevention of migraine headaches and manic phase of bipolar disorder. Divalproex Sodium Xr is the main ingredient of this medicine. It is available in form of tablet by both brand and generic name. Depakote medicine can be used for other medical conditions as suggested by doctor or health care professional.
As Depakote medicine is a prescription medicine, so you should know full information about the medicine to avoid any side effect.
1) People allergic to Depakote medicine or to its ingredient should not take this medicine.
2) People having history of blood clotting disease, brain disorder, head injury and HIV infections should not use this medicine without doctor recommendation.
3) People taking Depakote medicine may suffer from certain liver, blood and heart diseases.
4) It should be used cautiously in old aged patients and children younger than 10 years of age.
5) Liver functioning and blood tests should be regularly check up by people who are under the treatment of this medicine.
6) Pregnant and breastfeeding mother should not use this medicine without doctor recommendation as use of this medicine by pregnant and breastfeeding mother may harm the health of unborn baby or nursed child.
You should inform your doctor if you are taking any prescription, non prescription and herbal medicine before taking this medicine to avoid drug interaction. Depakote medicine should be taken as prescribed by the doctor. The dosage recommended for Depakote medicine is 750mg a day for manic episodes and 250mg twice in a day for migraine prevention. Do not increase or decrease the dose of the medicine on your own. Take this medicine with a full glass of water with or without food. Take this medicine at the same time each day. Store this medicine at room temperature away from light, heat and sun. Keep all medicines away from the reach of children and pet.