As we going aged the most of the problem rises with age. One of the most common rises now a days is Osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is a condition that makes your bones weak and it generally lead to breaking og bones. This condition occurs when bones lose minerals like calcium. It further causes bone thickness.
Osteoporosis is one of the disease that can affect people of any age. The most common bones are sufferd from Osteoporosis are spine, ribs, hip, upper arm and wrist. This disease usually has no signs and symptoms until a fracture happens. This disease often called as silent disease.
Risk factor of Osteoporosis includes
1) Being small and thin
2) Taking certain medicines
3) Having osteopenia, which is low bone mass
4) Getting older
5) Having a family history of osteoporosis
6) Being a white or Asian woman
Signs and symptoms of osteoporosis:
1) Curve in the back
2) Back pain
3) Protruding abdomen
4) Sloping shoulders
5) Height loss
6) Hunched posture
Treatment for Osteoporosis
Osteoporosis is a bone disease that may cause weakness in bones which can further cause breaking of bones. For the treatment of Osteoporosis there are various medicines available in the medical store for the treatment of Osteoporosis. Food and Drug Administration has also approved various medicines and boniva 150 mg is one of the medicine used for the treatment of Osteoporosis. The main ingredient of this medicine is Ibandronate sodium. Boniva prevents the resorption of bone. It is used to treat osteoporosis mainly in post menopausal women. It reducs the bone reduction and helps gaining the bone mass. Boniva is available in the form of tablets and solution for injection.
Precaution before taking Boniva 150 mg
1) Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to boniva 150 mg or to its ingredient.
2) This medicine should not be used in children younger than 18 years of age.
3) People who are unable to sit or stand straight for at least an hour should not take this medicine as it may cause some stomach problems.
4) People taking Boniva medicine should be evaluated for calcium and phosphate levels.
5) Boniva medication should be used cautiously in patients suffering from severe renal impairment.
6) If you are suffering from kidney problem, stomach ulcerations or are deficit in Vitamin D.
Please note that if you are pregnant or breastfeeding you should not use this medicine as use of this medicine without doctor recommendation as use of this medicine may cause harm to unborn baby or nursed child. You should inform your doctor if you are taking any prescription, non prescription and herbal medicine as use of boniva 150 mg with any other drug may cause drug interaction. For best and better result take this medicine as presribed by the doctor. Do not increase or decrease the dose of the medicine on your own as it may lead to serious side effect. The medicine should be taken with a glass of water at least 60 minutes prior to the first meal of the day. The tablet should not be sucked or chewed. Keep all medicines away from reach of children and pet.