Hypertension or high blood pressure is a condition in which the blood pressure in the arteries is chronically elevated. With every heart beat, the heart pumps blood through the arteries to the rest of the body. Blood pressure is the force of blood that is pushing up against the walls of the blood vessels. If the pressure is too high, the heart has to work harder to pump, and this could lead to organ damage and several illnesses such as heart attack, stroke, heart failure, aneurysm, or renal failure.
Causes of hypertension
Though the exact causes of hypertension are usually unknown, there are several factors that have been highly associated with the condition. These include smoking, obesity or being overweight, diabetes, sedentary lifestyle, lack of physical activity, high levels of salt intake (sodium sensitivity), insufficient calcium, potassium, and magnesium consumption, vitamin D deficiency, high levels of alcohol consumption, stress, aging, medicines such as birth control pills, genetics and a family history of hypertension, chronic kidney disease, adrenal and thyroid problems or tumors.
Olmetec is a prescription medicine used for the treatment of hypertension. Olmesartan is the main ingredient of this medicine. Benicar is used to treat increased blood pressure. It assists the kidneys to lush out excessive and unwanted body fluid. Benicar is available in the form of tablets.
Precaution before taking Olmetec 20mg
1) Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to it or to its ingredient.
2) Olmetec 20mg should be used cautiously in patients suffering from hepatic disease, renal impairment, sodium depletion.
3) It should be used with caution in elderly patients.
4) Olmetec 20mg should not be used in children without doctor recommendation.
5) People taking this medicine should avoid drinking alcohol.
6) The medicine should be used for its entire length of the course of treatment.
7) The medicine should be discontinued as soon as possible when pregnancy is detected.
8) People taking this drug should avoid the use of dangerous machinery and other hazardous activities.
Pregnant and breastfeeding mother should not use Olmetec medicine, as use of this medicine may harm the health of unborn baby or nursed child. Some common side effect of this medicines are blocked nose, bad throat, pain in the joints and muscles, back ache, irregular bowel movements, feeling giddy, rashes on the skin
feeling weak and excessive sweat.
As it is a prescription medicine so you should take it as it is directed by your doctor or health care professional. Before taking Olmetec medicine you should inform your doctor if you are taking any prescription, non prescription and herbal medicine to avoid any drug interaction. Take this medicine with a full glass of water with or without food. Try to take the medicine at the same time each day. Do not increase or decrease the dose of the medicine on your own. Keep all medicines away from the reach of the children and pet.